11/17/08

D-Man Welch moved to forward...


...for Sunday's practice, as reported by the Miami Herald. Given the shockingly low number of healthy up-fronters, someone had to fill the holes(s). I'm presuming defenseman Nick Boynton - who was replaced by Welch in a game last week - remained on the blueline. Too bad for me: I saw the name "Welch" and "Forward" in the same sentence, prompting dreams of hat tricks and four-point nights, resulting in the perceived value of my Welch-signed puck skyrocketing. Hey, when you're in the Southeast basement, that's all a fan's got to work with. Oh wait, hold on...we're in the conference basement. Ooops...lol...make that the league basement. Barkeep...?!

1 comment:

  1. I think its about time to start trading for offense.

    Or is this organization going for the gold in Tavares?

    ReplyDelete