9/22/08

Demise of One of the Greats


Jes Golbez's Hockey Rants has always been a tough blog to pin down...and I mean that in the most kind way. I've enjoyed it thoroughly for quite a while, yet one never knew what they'd be treated to upon clicking in to it. Primarily Canuck-related content, interspersed with league-wide news and opinion. Apparently Jes has decided to hang 'em up:


"I look back at some of my older posts, and I realize that my content is not nearly as good as it used to be. The posts on this site used to be either funnier, contain more detailed analysis, and/or a lot of Czech/Slovak content, the latter of which I'm the most proud to have brought to the blogosphere.


Like Trevor Linden, I just don't have "it" any longer. I'm tired, worn down, and my abilities have been eroded over time. I know I'm capable of writing some good material, but it would take a lot of time and effort that I'm just not able to handle.


When I think about the memorable posts I've written, most of it has not been writing over the past 6-8 months.That is why I've decided to retire from regular hockey blogging and close the Hockey Rants chapter of my life, as well as stop writing for AOL FanHouse."


Whatever his reasons, we all respect his move and share in the thought that the hockey blogosphere is weaker without Hockey Rants. No question was the site an inspiration for TLB. We'll miss ya, Jes.

No comments:

Post a Comment